What is the process when filing a K1 Visa (also known as fiancé visa)

The first step is to complete and file form I-129F. With the I-129F, you also must provide a lot of supporting documents:

  1. Proof of your visit to see your fiancé in the last 2 years;
  2. Affidavits from you and your fiancé that you plan to marry within 90 days of his/her entry;
  3. Proof of relationship (photos together, affidavits from friends and family vouching for the relationship, flight itineraries (if applicable), engagement ring receipt (if applicable), proof of gifts sent to each other, email or WhatsApp logs communication between the parties etc)
  4. 2 Passport Photos each;
  5. Filing fee (Check the USCIS website to see the up to date filing fees as it is subject to change.)
  6. If the petitioner (person applying for the K1 visa)  has a criminal history when you will need to provide a certified disposition regarding any arrests and or criminal convictions;

The second step is when the I-129F is approved and your fiancé must complete form DS-160. He or she would need to complete a medical exam and secure a police clearance certificate and attend an interview at the local US consulate  The purpose of the interview is for US immigration officials to verify that the relationship is a real or bona fide relationship. If the K1 or finance visa is approved, then your fiancé can enter the US on a non-immigrant K1 visa. Upon entry you would need to get married to your fiancé within 90 days and then file for their green card. If you are considering filing a K1 visa, feel free to call Kasturi Law, LLC to  further discuss at 6303928101.

COVID-19 Alert

Kasturi law, LLC  understands these are extremely challenging times for all of us. Kasturi Law, LLC is available for an attorney consultation via phone, Skype, and Zoom to anyone with a matter related to immigration and nationality law.  Advise can be sought on family-based (green cards, K1 visa’s, consular processing) , Vawa, U Visa,  maintenance of non-immigrant status and other U.S. immigration matters.  We are taking new cases. Please feel free to contact 630-392-8101 or email kasturilaw@gmail.com or info@kasturilaw.com.