What documents are needed for DACA applicants?
Proof of Identity
- Passport or national identity document from your country of origin. (Ideally not expired)
- Birth Certificate
- School or military ID with photo
- Any US government immigration or other document that has your name/photo on it
Proof of when you came to the United States before turning 16
- Hospital or medical records
- School records
- Travel records
- Form I-194 or 1-94W
- Passport with admission stamp or a DHS document which indicates entry date
Proof of Immigration Status on June 15th, 2012 (If did not have documentation when you entered, you have met this requirement.)
- Form I-194 with authorized stay and expiration date
- A charging document placing you in removal action
- Final order of deportation, exclusion or removal issued as of June 15th, 2012
Proof of your student status at the time you submit your DACA application
- GED completion/U.S. GED certificate
- U.S. High School Diploma
- If you are currently in school then you can secure school records from the school you are attending in the United States.
Proof of presence in the U.S. on June 15th 2012 and Proof of continuously residing in the U.S. since June 15th 2007 (Under President OBAMA’s executive action on immigration, one has to show proof of continuous residency since January 1st, 2010. This change will be implemented approximately 90 days from President OBAMA’s announcement on November 20th, 2014.)
- School records
- Employment records (pay stubs, W-2 Forms, etc)
- Military records
- Dated bank transactions
- Deeds, mortgages, rental agreement contracts
- Tax receipts, insurance policies
- Copies of money receipts for money sent in our out of the country
- Records from a religious entity confirming participation in a religious ceremony
(To establish physical presence, one should aim to have 9 out of the 12 months covered for each year.)
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. If you have questions about a specific case or matter, feel free to email me at email@example.com or call me for a 10 minute complimentary consultation at 630-660-0530.
Disclaimer: Kasturi Law LLC, All rights reserved. Information on this website is for basic information purposes only. Any related pages, documents, emails, blog or other communications should not be construed as legal advice for any particular case. Visiting this web site, contacting us via email or chat does not constitute or establish an Attorney-Client relationship. Email or chat communications are not privileged, secure or confidential.